at the Virginia Living Museum
TOURS AVAILABLE Tuesdays at 5:15pm:
June 4 - Aug. 27, 2013
Here is your chance to meet American alligators up close and personal in a special after hours program including a Pizza Party. We call it GATOR BITES!
Led by Curatorial Director George Mathews or Herpeology Curator Travis Land, you will learn all there is to know about alligators up close and personal and enjoy a Pizza Party with the gators in the museum's Cypress Swamp Exhibit.
The tour will also include:
Join a small group of visitors (no more than 12) for a truly unique encounter. Ages 3 & above only.
- Picture taking with a gator! (so bring your camera)
- Pizza Party in the Cypress Swamp Exhibit (2 pieces of pizza and drink)
- Q and A session with Curatorial Director, George Mathews or Travis Land, Herpetology Curator
- Witness a feeding of the alligator
- Opportunity to touch a live alligator
- Learn about the natural history of the American alligator and how they eat, live and still thrive in Virginia.
- Maximum number of guests could be up to 12 people
The program begins promptly at 5:15pm after the museum closes.
Have your individual questions answered during this personal and unique experience.
Program lasts 45 minutes. Advanced tickets must be purchased by 4:15 of that Tuesday.
Cost: $15 VLM members, $25 non-members.
Purchase tickets now
tickets not available on Museumtix. Members please call
757-595-1900 for tickets. Tickets must be purchased by 5 p.m. the evening before the tour.)