at the Virginia Living Museum
Wednesdays at 3pm
Want to get up close and personal with one of America's most endangered mammals?
Imagine finding yourself face to face and fifteen feet from the endangered Red Wolf? An Animal Confidential Tour with Curatorial Director George Mathews, Jr. will take you closer than your average visitor.
- Tour the otter and red wolf buildings
- Get closer to the raccoon enclosure and areas along the Outdoor Trail
- Find out the personal stories of our animals and why they are with us as well as what their lives were like before they came to the museum
- Find out what they eat, what activities we do to keep them healthy and observe special enrichment activities with the otter and raccoons
- Each animal species plays a role in the wild. This tour explains the cycle and how these animals are our special ambassadors for their species.
The Museum offers Animal Confidential tours on Wednesdays at 3pm.
Tours last 30 minutes.
Cost: $10 VLM members, $12 non-members (in addition to museum admission). For ages 3 and above.
For more information, call 757-595-1900.
Member tickets not available on Museumtix. Members please call
757-595-1900 for tickets)
Check out a video of what you can see during a tour:
Postcards:Virginia Living Museum: fox43tv.com